Position: Staff Writer - Benzinga India
Position Type: Full time
Timing: 8 am IST to 4 pm IST
Benzinga is looking to add a highly-motivated individual as a business reporter for its new India-focused website. The role involves covering developments related to publicly-listed companies on the BSE and the NSE, startups, macroeconomics and wide regulatory/policy developments in the country.
This is a remote opportunity. Timings would be 8 am to 4 pm Indian Standard Time.
- Create compelling and engaging content for Benzinga audience
- Keep pace with the latest developments in India related to government, business and finance.
- Follow key personalities, analysts and other experts in the industry and cover their views for Benzinga’s audience
- Build sources and establish PR connections with companies and organizations.
- Ensure that content follows Associated Press and Benzinga style guidelines and generally accepted principles of journalistic writing and ethics.
- Bulletproof writing skills are a requirement, with a strong working sense of media law and the principles of news writing and reporting.
- Outstanding creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of financial markets and investing topics.
- Demonstrated experience in business/finance writing or a bachelor's degree with a focus on economics and finance is highly preferred.