Excited about scaling an innovative news media site from 10s of millions of readers to 100s of millions of readers? Interested in changing peoples' lives with more informative & actionable finance/business content? Do you have a fire in your belly that can't be tamed? If so, you've found the right place.
We are looking for someone who can lead a talented financial news desk and mastermind content growth initiatives to scale our strong foundation into a household name. Our coverage is diverse including trending news, impactful stories we break, search-oriented content & are excited about new ideas you'll bring to the table. We would like you to have 7+ years' experience leading editorial teams in an online publishing environment.
What you'll do:
- Build and execute strategies to scale audience in a serious way & drive the future of financial information.
- Provide perspective and work alongside Benzinga's CEO to develop and execute strategy
- Directly manage our editorial leadership team.
- Determine the audience, voice, and purpose of Benzinga.com and communicate your vision clearly to the team.
- Inspire editors and producers to excel at story structure, source-development, and story selection.
- Anticipate, communicate, and adjust resource needs to serve our audiences.
- Identify internal talent to cultivate and external talent to hire.
- Understand how to shape the overall voice of the website in a noisy and intense culture.
- Guide teams to make difficult and important editorial choices - when to lean into editorial risk and when to turn away, what to publish and what to pass on, etc.
- Work with Benzinga's marketing & lead generation team to execute on communication plans.
What you'll bring:
- An obsession with content and how it affects the lives of our readers.
- Strong management experience and experience building inclusive teams for a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- Passion for Benzinga.com's content and approach to audience and community.
- A collaborative, detail-oriented work style.
- Must be a master of traffic analytics tools like Google Analytics and Parse.ly