Position: Events Marketing Manager - Cannabis & Fintech
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI or remote
Benzinga is looking for an experienced leader, growth-minded marketer to join their events team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience from building strategy for multi-channel marketing campaigns through execution and is self-directed and independent in their approach. This role can be located in Detroit, MI but will consider applicants that are remote.
Benzinga is aggressively expanding their organization and looking for an Events Marketing Manager who has industry expertise in either the Fintech or Cannabis industry that can help take the organization to the next phase of growth. This executive should be willing to roll up their sleeves and wear many hats as the company continues to scale. They are seeking a professional who not only can build a marketing, events and email campaign strategy but can execute and deliver on a roadmap. They are seeking a results-orientated professional that can ultimately increase ticket sales to grow the revenue of the company. Benzinga is seeking an independent problem solver that can manage data and report on the analytics to the leadership team. This individual should have come up through the ranks in event marketing and had experience building partnerships to expediently scale the company. They must possess a willingness to manage and mentor others. They are seeking a leader that is team-oriented and can work alongside the executive team and collaborate on future events.
Benzinga’s mission is to connect the world with news, data and education that makes the path to financial prosperity easier for everyone, every day. Benzinga was launched in 2010 by founder Jason Raznick whose entrepreneurial spirit is contagious throughout the company. Benzinga is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan and continues to be a market leader and capture market share.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write revenue-driving copy for our retail trading events
- Build multi-channel campaigns and digital funnels that drive attendance for events and generate sponsorship leads
- Create a compelling story around our retail trading events to drive event ticket sales
- Manage event registration & drive audience participation
- Optimize our event websites for search engine visibility
- Organize social media campaigns to spread awareness for our retail trading events
- Work with our designer and web developer to create memorable digital experiences for our virtual attendees
- Monetize post-event video content and take ownership of the user experience
- Increase our intelligence of customer acquisition, engagement, purchase, and retention
- Draw impactful conclusions and alter marketing tactics by actively monitoring campaigns and taking the lead on tracking KPIs
- Test and expand marketing channels to scale customer growth through online and offline channels
- Contribute to strategic growth planning by providing data-driven ideas and experience based estimates
- Through market research and analysis, develop the organization’s understanding of the consumer and competitors to identify new growth opportunities and develop new business strategies
- Analyze the company’s customer data, provide insights to internal constituencies about the state of the business, key trends, and insights required to increase lifetime value and drive deeper ongoing engagement
- Other duties as required
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- Must have a minimum at least 3 years of B2C marketing experience supporting sales, generating leads, and direct sales with a proven track record of delivering high-revenue growth
- Proven track record of strategizing and executing B2C email marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a preferred emphasis in business or marketing
- Must have strong analytical skills to make data-driven business decisions
- Demonstrated ability in developing teams and promoting teamwork across various departments
- Develop and road map Email campaigns
- Developing event names and imagery
- Develop a full marketing calendar for 2023 across multiple in-person and virtual events
- Hubspot Experience preferred
- Personal interest in the stock market is a major advantage.