Location: India (Work from home)
High Level: Cover/report news for Benzinga’s news service
Work Schedule: Full Time (Sat-Sun 8amET-5pmET// Tuesday-Thursday 10amET-7pmET)
What you’ll be doing:
1. You will be covering a combination of real-time short form breaking news and longer form straight news content which is read by millions.
2. Your primary responsibilities will include covering the U.S. markets, which may include politics and general interest stories.
3. This includes trying to break news with your own sources, monitoring major financial publications, RSS feeds, wire services, press releases, social media, and company events/investor days.
4. Other responsibilities: Getting in touch with company IR/analysts for comments/information.
1. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a reporter or editor for an English-speaking financial publication.
2. Ability to write short form breaking news concisely, with attention to detail and impact on stocks.
3. Deep knowledge of quarterly earnings, financial statements and what factors move investable assets, be it regulations, peer relationships and/or analyst coverage
4. Understanding of financial statements, SEC filings and research reports.
5. Self-starter with an ability to multitask and prioritize news monitoring and coverage.
6. Experience writing and publishing content that requires minimal editing/corrections before publication7. Strong Headline writing skills