Position: B2B Sales Development Representative (SDR) - Cannabis
Benzinga is actively seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to accelerate revenue production in our Cannabis vertical. This role is ideal for a passionate, developing Sales Person with a background of high volume phone outreach, appointment setting, and high-level organization.
Our flagship Event, Benzinga’s Cannabis Capital Conference, enables the connection of Cannabis Industry executives to Investors and B2B partners who can accelerate their business plans. There are plans for two Cannabis Capital Conferences in 2024 (April & September) with the addition of two Market Spotlight events (February & June).
- Lead Generation
- Source a high daily volume of new leads to be added to our Cannabis database
- Sales Activity
- Execute a high daily volume of calls and emails to sourced leads
- Actively manage and follow up on leads to set meetings for Sales Team members
- Work closely with Sales leadership and the Marketing team to effectively use promotional strategies and drive sales.
- Attend team meetings and participate in sales training for ongoing professional development and product knowledge enhancement.
- Meet or exceed individual sales targets, contributing to the team’s overall goals.
- 30/60/90 day benchmarks and KPIs will be determined upon hiring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field (preferred but not mandatory).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong interest in the Cannabis Industry and a desire to learn more.
- Self-motivated with the drive to excel in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Experience with Benzinga products and services is a plus