Position: Account Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI
What we are hiring for:
Benzinga, a Detroit based financial media and technology company, is seeking a well organized, solution oriented account manager to join its fast growing team.
Full time, in office (Downtown Detroit) or remote for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
This is a key role at Benzinga: management of our highest value relationships. We are looking for someone who can get to know our partners on a personal level, identify more ways to work together and identify partners we don’t have relationships with but want to establish. The successful candidate will largely own internal and external client communication and will establish and manage timelines for sales fulfillment, technical/data support, and various other operational tasks.
We strive to provide our partners the Ritz Carlton level of service!
This person is fully aware of what is going on with our clients and is proactive in pushing issues internally until the client's needs are met.
- Formulate and further relationships with key clients
- Identify and pursue upsell opportunities within existing accounts
- Work alongside salesperson on any pre-sales deliverables and inventory management
- Own service after sale responsibilities, including...
- Handle all aspects of invoicing, both setting up new clients for invoicing and reviewing/maintaining existing invoicing
- Direct support inquiries to proper group and ensuring timely issue resolution
- Manage sales fulfillment; including regular communication of timeline/ETA for any development work needed to suffice an opportunity
- Additional duties as needed at the discretion and direction of senior management
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and shift focus quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional tone and demeanors
- Possesses a pride of ownership in responsibilities
- Seeks to make an impact in things outside of their core duties
- Comfortable proactively suggesting process improvements
- Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly and thoughtfully to clients in close to real time
- Hours are variable, and some degree of after hours availability is required
- Must be trustworthy and accountable when handling sensitive client information
Additional stuff that we value for this gig:
- Interest in financial markets a plus
- Familiarity with project/productivity management software (Jira, Asana, etc) a plus
- Knowledge of various data technologies/terminologies (API, FTP, JSON) a plus
- Previous experience in media or publishing a plus
- Any background in software development or data science a plus