Position: Newsdesk Reporter
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI
Help make Benzinga Pro, Benzinga.com the fastest breaking-news platform on Wall Street. Add context and perspective to relevant news items impacting stocks. Help Benzinga become the source for investors and traders to understand why a stock is moving. Leverage our contacts to generate exclusive commentary users/readers can only see on a Benzinga platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Watch newswires for breaking news and publish headlines highlighting those news items.
- Track stocks moving dramatically to identify “why is it moving?”
- Generate daily listicle headlines. These ideas should highlight potential trading ideas and data-driven catalysts.
- Publish Benzinga.com moves and trading idea articles.
- Consider news items and trending tickers for possible outreach to corporations, analysts and/or investors.
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- Experience with stock trading/investing, economics and writing of headlines, articles and social media.
- Need skills to allow fast decision making, quick communication and handling high-intensity moments.
- Connections inside the stock market/Wall Street would be helpful.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.