If we hire you or the person you refer,
you could receive one of these Michigan prizes!
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” — Henry Ford
“Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” — Steve Jobs
Who Is Benzinga?
Benzinga is a financial media outlet headquartered in Metro Detroit that leverages groundbreaking technology to deliver actionable trading ideas and unique content to readers. We’ve developed advanced tools and use our innovative insight to cover all aspects of the financial markets including business, technology, economics and politics.
Behind the curtain, Benzinga is made up of energetic, fun-loving people who are looking to disrupt the norm. Our culture fosters creativity with an one-for-all, all-for-one attitude. Our office is a place for entrepreneurs who thrive in a fast paced environment. From A Capella style birthday serenades to Friday bake-offs, the office always presents an opportunity for a good laugh.
Don't want to take our word for it? Check out our blog, uncensored and a little off topic.
You can also see more on our twitter account.
As investors, Lightbank takes positions in early stage companies and moves them forward with experience, connections, and funding.
Lightbank said it best, "You’re not in the valley anymore. Fueling the future of technology with more than just money. We invest money, but we do it our way."
The founders of Lightbank started 5 companies, invested in nearly 20 companies, raised over $1.2 billion and created over $7 billion in equity value. Today, Lightbank’s portfolio companies employ more than 10,000 people in over 100 offices worldwide.
Benzinga in the Media
- Worldwide Exchange - CNBC
- "Betting on Financial News Startup Benzinga"
- Fox Business News
- Live on CNBC
- Money News Online with Fox 2 Detroit
Who We're Looking For:
- Problem solver with a need to build status-quo-shattering products
- We're looking for people with skills and abilities in languages and technologies including but not limited to: PHP, Python, Ruby
Experienced Financial Developer
- Understanding of the stock market
- Previous design work in the financial space
User Interface / User Experience Expert
- Knows how to approach a site from a usability perspective, can build user stories.
- Understands usability, layouts, and has an approach to expose large amounts of original content.
- Has an eye for design.
- Passionate interest in finance, social media, and news.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ready for a career in the fast-paced world of finance and want to launch a career in "beating the competition on a daily basis."
- Mind blowing, detail-oriented professionals with expert writing skills.
- Creative minds who are as talented as they are dedicated to polishing and perfecting their work.
- Does not require a degree, but you must be able to wow us with your previous work.
- Interest in finance, the stock market, technology and/or politics is preferred.
- Driven professional who thrives on face to face communication with high level executives and closing deals
- Ability to create, maintain and develop relationships with business owners, associates and top level management
- Outgoing, highly personable and results oriented
Public Relations Guru
- Maintaining and engaging in extensive communications with a variety of media outlets, industry professionals, and companies in the financial space.
- Creating and executing media campaigns creatively and in a timely fashion.
- Providing input and strategy-based decisions on managing company image and brand.
- Outgoing student with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasker who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Have an upbeat attitude and are eager to learn